Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Writing skills reflection



This year I have written two main essays. One at the beginning of the year on "The Alchemist," and just recently on the tragedy of Julius Caesar. My writing has a clear idea which makes sense. On the Alchemist essay I did not have enough content to clearly explain all my thoughts. However I think I did a lot better on the JC essay. I was able to give more explanations and more developed ideas.

My writing throughout the year has been well organized however I think i have definitely improved since the beginning of the year. I am now able to use transition words to connect sentences and ideas. I need to work on not repeating my ideas. Sometimes I give an idea and repeat in another way later on in my writing piece.

Since the essay I wrote at the beginning of the year on the Alchemist, I have definitely improved and developed. For the Alchemist essay, I did not explain my evidence and quotes very well. However, since then i have learnt how to do so better. I am able to see this improvement by looking at my JC essay. In the JC essay I gave very detailed explanations for my evidence.

My grade also reflects this as I had gotten a C for my alchemist essay and a B+ for my JC essay. I feel that i work better when not guided so closely. For the Alchemist essay, we were given small steps and instructions we had to follow closely. On the other hand, on the JC essay we were given a time limit and were able to write without as strict guidelines. I think this shows that I have been learning enthusiastically. After learning with enthusiasm I have improved and learnt a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment